The first version of the mixed reality therapy room wasn’t really a room at all- but a platform that supported the manipulation of two-dimensional shapes that represented objects or affective states.
- Reification functions
- Create shapes
- Change size
- Change colour
- Change positioning
The second version involved considerable upgrades- maintaining the core reification functions of the first version, but placing them in a network-enabled, VR-compatible three-dimensional space.
- 3D build of consultancy room and experience room
- Reification functions recreated in 3D
- VR and 2D modes supported
- User roles implemented
- Handover protocols
- Networking implemented
Version 0.3 [current build]
The current build has significantly refined the interfaces and interactions of the previous version, focusing in a more nuanced way on user experience and compatibility with therapeutic protocols.
Current work is focused on completing this version, resulting in a full-featured downloadable, as well as web-based demo version to facilitate applied testing, education and collaboration with researchers.
- Consultancy room and experience room redesign
- User interface implementation
- External media supported
- See video series here >
Future build map:
- Networking update
- Advanced testing
- Settings development
- Profiles/scene setup
- VR Multiplatform development
- Plugin system development
- Focus on multimedia: film, images
- Advanced data collection integration
- Extended UI development
- Expanded feature options
- VR features e.g. painting in space